If you're on this page, we imagine it's because you loved part 1 of the art mural tour and are back for more! If not, go back to the sightseeing tab to find it first.
You will need a handy Holboxeño map again, so if you haven't got one yet, ask at your hotel reception for one. Don't forget to take a screen shot of this page to follow when you're out and about.
- Start this tour at the edge of the main square in front of Restaurante de Colibrí. One of our favourite murals (23) in back on Calle Tiburón Ballena by the market. A huge sun to brighten your day!
- Now walk up Calle Tiburón Ballena making a quick detour to the left down Calle Mariano Escobedo to see mural 24 on your right. Careful not to miss this one. It really is very beautiful in quite an understated way.
- Head back to Tiburón Ballena and keep walking up the street with the main square behind you towards the ferry. Opposite the public Health Centre (Ref: S12, Q24), you͛ll find mural 25.
- The following murals are a little more spread out. With your back to the ferry, now take a left down Calle Guadalupe. Mural 26 is on your left, and 27 (a sundial wall sculpture) is round the corner on the left by La Conchita Bakery . Buy some more yummy sweet breads while you͛re passing if you fancy it.
- Continue walking down Calle Palomino. On the side wall of restaurant La Chilanguita (Ref: R32, R23) (very tasty yet cheap snacks here!), you'll see mural 28 – a large portrait of famous Mexican artist, Frida Kahlo. Mural 29 is just after this on your right (another of our favourites).
- Getting tired yet? Just a few more to go, but they are well worth it! Take a right now onto Calle Mariano Escobedo, catching a glimpse of mural 30 on your right as you turn left down Calle Carito. Murals 31-33 are on this street further down towards the beach.
- Before taking another left down Avenida Damero, take a quick detour to the right on the Avenida for mural 34.
- Just here, you will see the brightly coloured building of VIP Holbox (Ref: A15, R21) – we really this reputable tour and transfer company, who have been on the island for over 15 years.
- Now turn right onto Calle Palomino. Mural 35 is on here. We highly recommend stopping at Maroc Coffee and Bakery (Ref: R18, R21) for a traditional Moroccan tea and a baguette.
- The final stop if just by the pier next to Hostel La Diosa Cali. A great place to finish, walk up the pier and take a well-deserved rest!